Cleaning Tips for Long Lasting Carpets
Carpets are great for cosy rooms in Tooting and brightening up any area with colour and texture. They do however take on their fair share of wear and tear with heavy foot traffic, muddy shoes, pet hair, and dust all settling in to the very depths of the fibres. What’s nice about carpets is that whatever is buried in them, is not floating around in the air for you to breathe in. At some point however it’s a good idea to get to work on a deep clean to bring back life to your room.
- A good carpet clean is the basic of any home cleaning in Tooting, SW17. Once you have got to this task you will see instant results. Take a stiff brush or broom to begin with and start by lifting all the ground in hair out. You can use a smaller hairbrush, even a pet hair brush will do the trick if you want to do a really thorough job. Its hard work but if you put that work into it, you will be surprised the difference it makes already. Think of it as a workout!
- Vacuum. Once you have lifted what you can, then you will need to get rid of it. If you have raised a lot then you may be able to pick up the larger bits by hand. Otherwise, give your carpet a really in-depth going over with your vacuum. This should lift any of the remaining dirt and debris you have brought up.
- Next get to your carpet cleaners. There are several different products on the market in SW18 that suit whatever needs you might be looking for, whether you are trying to get rid of stains, brightening the colour or trying to achieve a nice smell and a revamp, then there is something for you. You can also look into homemade recipes that you may be able to do without even buying anything. Baking soda can work really well to lift stains and brighten your room. Go online and research the best environmentally friendly homemade recipes.
- Steam clean. A good tool for carpets is to go over it with a steamer, this can really get to the bottom and lift any dirt that you haven’t manage to get out with your brush. It’s much better for smaller particles so you will still need to have a good go on your hands and knees first. Otherwise, you will just end up getting all the dirt and hair that’s already there wet, rather than cleaning it up.
- Hire professional cleaners. Of course there is nothing quite like getting someone to do the job for you. Cleaning agencies are easy to find in Tooting and can be reasonable, especially if you are just looking for a specific task such as carpets. They know the right tools and products for the job and will take the hard work out of what a deep cleaning on your carpet entails. If you have an end of tenancy clean to do in SW17 then it’s a good idea to look into hiring some help as you will be expected by your landlord to do a really good job and areas such as floor are often where people's deposit ends up going.
The results of a carpet clean can really transform any room and whether you decide your budget can stretch to help or you decide to tackle the job alone you will be amazed at the difference it will make to the whole home. It’s definitely a job that is never wasted time.